Monday, November 16, 2009

Let the Sun Shine

It is Monday and on top of that, it is raining, hardcore raining. It is supposed to keep raining for most of this week, which is kind of depressing. I don't mind rain sometimes, but it doesn't seem like we really need it and in excess, not so cool. I figure that since the weather is depressing me slightly, I should focus on the things that have made me smile lately, things that have been rays of sunshine in my life.

1. Dinner and Errands with Mom - It was nice to share a meal with her and to share some retail therapy. Lord knows we both needed it! It was a great way to spend a Friday evening after a long and hectic week.

2. New Red Boots - Yes, new boots, yes, a good heel height, and yes, red. I love them and they love me. New shoes always make me happy!

3. Evening with an Old Friend - Amy Jean and I don't get the chance to hang out just the two of us very often. We went out to dinner where I had guacamole (which always makes my day) and then went to Michael's. We got lots of fun crafty stuff and then headed to the liquor store where we procured wine. We sat on her couch, shared some bottles of yummy wine and chatted. She is one of my favorite people to spend time with and I am glad that after 20 years we are still such good friends!

4. TV Marathons - A good part of Sunday afternoon and evening was spent curled up on the couch watching TV, including a Law and Order: Criminal Intent marathon. This is such a perfect way to spend a day. It is the perfect relax after a busy week and weekend and the perfect way to rest up for the week.

5. Ice Cream - My boss took her Membership staff to Cold Stone today. She won a behind-the-scenes tour in an auction and we went and it was lovely. We go to mix our own ice cream and enjoyed a great time together, eating and laughing like friends, not just co-workers. And come on, who doesn't love free ice cream? Jamie is the best!

So, those are the thing that have made me smile lately. Overall it has been a rough and hectic couple weeks and sometimes it is good to take a few minutes to focus on those rays of sunshine, be they large or small. What are the little things that make you smile?

Here's to a rainy week and the moments of sunshine I will find in it!

2 comments:

  1. I love having a good conversation with my mom; or when the dogs are calm; and completion of little projects (like washing the dishes).

    I wish my boss would take us to get ice cream!! So jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Annette Young/gnomanettyNovember 17, 2009 at 10:50 AM

    An evening with my girl is ALWAYS a spirit booster! Whether we find excitement in a pair of new red boots or solice in a cup of tea, it always seems to be exactly what we both need. Is she becoming her mother? I think NOT, but rather, I am becoming her friend. Lucky me!!!

    ReplyDelete